Domestic Violence: An Overview
> What is Physical Abuse?Physical abuse is when an intimate partner has...
- pushed or shoved you
- held you to keep you from leaving
- slapped or bitten you
- kicked or choked you
- hit or punched you
- thrown objects at you
- locked you out of the house
- abandoned you in dangerous places
- refused to help you when you were sick, injured or pregnant
- forced you off the road or driven recklessly
- threatened to hurt you with a weapon
What is Emotional Abuse?
What is Physical Abuse?
What is Sexual Abuse?
Domestic Violence Statistics: Prevalence and Trends
It's Hard to Stop because it's Hard to Report
Effects of Domestic Violence
Effects of Domestic Violence on Children and Teenagers
Help is Available!
Domestic Violence Shelters: What They Do
Nationwide Crisis and Hotline Directory
Domestic Violence References
Referring to this article:
"Domestic Violence: An Overview" was written by C. J. Newton, MA, Learning Specialist and published in the Find Counseling.com (formerly TherapistFinder.net) Mental Health Journal in February, 2001.
Use or reference to this article on the Internet must be accompanied by a link to the page you cite.