Domestic Violence: An Overview
> What is Sexual Abuse?Sexual abuse is when an intimate partner has...
- minimized the importance of your feelings about sex
- criticized you sexually
- insisted on unwanted or uncomfortable touching
- withheld sex and affection
- forced sex after physical abuse or when you were sick
- raped you
- been jealously angry, assuming you would have sex with anyone
- insisted that you dress in a more sexual way than you wanted
What is Emotional Abuse?
What is Physical Abuse?
What is Sexual Abuse?
Domestic Violence Statistics: Prevalence and Trends
It's Hard to Stop because it's Hard to Report
Effects of Domestic Violence
Effects of Domestic Violence on Children and Teenagers
Help is Available!
Domestic Violence Shelters: What They Do
Nationwide Crisis and Hotline Directory
Domestic Violence References
Referring to this article:
"Domestic Violence: An Overview" was written by C. J. Newton, MA, Learning Specialist and published in the Find Counseling.com (formerly TherapistFinder.net) Mental Health Journal in February, 2001.
Use or reference to this article on the Internet must be accompanied by a link to the page you cite.